Monday, June 4, 2012

Solo Show... my first.... EVER!

Hello Hello Hello!!!

So after years of painting and and creating... I'm getting my first solo show. Very good friends of mine own an amazing bar in Tampa, The Refinery. I've been asked to do a full solo art show. As many pieces as possible. Easels will be added on the upstairs deck and fliers and posters will be taken care of for me.

I could not have asked for such a great business and friends to do this with. I'm deeply touched that I'm being given this opportunity so early in my life.

I've been stressed out about themes and flow of this collection. Luckily, I have N.H. in my corner always giving me a guiding hand when I'm overwhelmed by artwork and inspiration.

So, as of right now there isn't just one specific theme... instead I have multiple collections with individual themes grouped together. It's like a sampler platter. A little bit for everyone.

Various themed Ideas are:
- The Refined Ladies
- The Fabled Secrets
- The Big Top Closes (possible)
- The Underworld Divas (possible)

Some pieces will have little stories to go with. There will also be major plans for some dolls. Both twine-tied art dolls and free standing art dolls. I want to go all out.

More to come on this exciting venture. Any pics of the process will be posted on the blog and nowhere else. So stay tuned.

Thank you all,
Spencer Meyers

2 comments:

Kay said...

YAY You!!!!

Kay said...

YAY You!!!!