Thursday, November 18, 2010

Box of Secrets...

I'm inspired by too many things and yet I find that I "run out of ideas" a lot.  I am very grateful that I was raised never to say, "I'm bored". However, I have to say I lose the energy to be creative.

It takes a lot of energy to get into the zone... once in the zone is a different story. How often have you just looked down at that blank canvas and had a million horrible ideas or not one idea at all? It's finding the idea. It's the energy that I need to find sometimes just think of something brilliant.

I work a regular 9-5 day job of numbers and stats and sales... by the time I get home I just want to be lazy. I feel that I have already worked my job, why should I work more?

I find my trouble (like I briefly mentioned before) is finding the right idea.
I was recently inspired by another friend of mine. She is a writer and every now and then would think of wonderful little phrases, lines, plot devices, or characters and write them down on little scraps of paper and placed them in a box.

.The Box.

What a great idea. Shocking that I have never even thought about having said "box" of my own... and I'm sure reading this, you must think I've been living under one or perhaps, a rock.

I have many boxes purchased by Ikea mainly, that hold supplies. I never made the connection that they could function to hold together my ideas.

I'll admit that hearing about her idea box was not my light bulb going off moment. It happened while I was cleaning(picking things up mainly), and kept discovering these little pieces of paper or sticky notes that had little doodles on them. I smiled at each one as I found it and was inspired. All these little quick sketches that I drew, obviously thinking at the time, "I'll come back to this later"...

Months, weeks, days, or even years later... I finally have.

So now I hunt for my box of secrets.

I'm sure this is a rather uninteresting post (not like anyone is reading these anyway). If you knew me and understood how unorganized my organization is... You'd understand why I thought this was post worthy.
-spm

1 comment:

Adventure Bound Becca said...

I totally think this was post worthy! I have a "wish box" that my friend Blair made for me, and I put little notes in it all the time.
Also, I have the piece of notebook paper that you and I wrote the tentative outline for our Ren Fest fight on. I find it every time I move (which is a lot) and I read it. I should make sure I know where it is when I re-move in after Paris.