Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Mermaid of Sorrow- 2007
The perfect piece for a month like this. November, the month of loss. It has been increasing throughout this month. One can only hope that December will bring on a winter of change. But that's asking a pessimistic person like myself to really stretch their imagination. I do have many things to look forward to... There's a reason why the figures that I paint never have smiles. Ha.
It's crazy finding all if these old paintings that have made their way into various boxes throughout the years. It's crazier thinking about what spawned their creation. Even more interesting to think of why they were put away to never be shown again.

3 comments:

Adventure Bound Becca said...

I LOVE this mermaid! Or syren, as the french say.
You should celebrate the Winter Solstice and draw something for the Sun God, and maybe when the sun comes back, she will bring light to your life!

Spencer Meyers said...

You're right Becca! I should celebrate it... I don't really know why I don't. hmmm...

jan lunsford said...

if this were facebook, i'd click on LIKE. like what you wrote and what you said